Friday, March 18, 2011

gammon

I think that's how its spelled the Japanese word meaning, to endure the unendurable.

I'm having a conversation with a friend about the idea of sending woodstoves to survivors if they're not planning to evacuate them and I realized that a plane full of woodstoves would mean one less full of food right?

Then I realised in light of all the empty store shelves that a flight of c130s could deliver an enormous amount of air dropped MREs and I realized, it's just not happening. There is no shortage of money and there is a surplus of big ass airplanes in the world and there are lots of people with nothing to do. The money to pay for it all isn't even real, so what's actually lacking is will to act: on the part of the Japanese, the Americans and anyone with real means. It's been a week.

Does it make a difference that Haiti was poor? Apparently not the Japanese are getting the bare minimum too. Oh well I guess they're dragging their heels on libya as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment