Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Protocols of Zion

If you’ve been following conspiracies as long as long as I have, you’ve no doubt heard that same old rant “the Jews did it!” Frankly, I thought all of that was just CRAP.

As a redhead, I’ve seen unexplained hostility from all across the social spectrum. People tend to just hate me on sight and I’ve struggled with this my whole life. The concept of anti-Semitism as a social disease was easy for me to accept and none of my Jewish friends seemed all that monstrous. I never paid it all much heed as the organization required for an entire race to cooperate in a plan to take over the world is beyond comprehension.

But in getting past my bias in favor of the underdog, to at least consider the evidence at hand became a regular thing. And it just kept coming and coming ...faces, places, names. Then the other day, the smoking gun smacked me upside the head, the mother of all other conspiracies: The Protocals of Zion.

I had heard of this before but had no idea what it was really about. I am still learning here and my lack of complete knowledge has held me back for years. I don’t want go spouting off my mouth without any evidence of my own and as I don’t have a research budget, I have to weed through other peoples’ observations and scan them for that sense that it sort of rings true. Forensic investigation is a lot of work.

Essentially, the Protocols of Zion seems to be a playbook for world domination.

First I think we should start with exactly what is Zionism?

Wikipedia describes Zionism as a “Jewish secular political movement without a clear philosophy beyond the establishment and protection of a Jewish state in Palestine.”

It should however be noted that the UN General Assembly passed a resolution in 1975 that designated Zionism as a form of racism that fosters apartheid. It wasn’t withdrawn until 1991. Not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionists are Jews. Some are Christian and some are even Muslim, so Zionism does not exactly equal Israel but a small part of Israeli politics, the way we have Neocons, who seem quite related in their aspirations.

I may have to limit my reliance on Wikipedia as a reliable source as it describes Israel as having some of the broadest anti-discrimination laws in the western world. Laws maybe...but practice?

I was horrified to find that many Zionists to varying degrees consider themselves to be God’s chosen people and that the Gentiles or Goyim exist only to serve the needs of the Jewish people.

This is new information to me and I have to say that if that’s true, then I am not very happy about that. In fact I could imagine most people wouldn’t be. I never bothered to ask, “Why hate the Jews?”  I just assumed that no reason would ever be good enough. I don’t personally believe in hate but I know it exists.

Assuming that the main hot spot for hatred and conflict in the world seems centered around the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, understanding this situation is important in world affairs. I find that even myself chipping away at the secrets and myths of the world, I’m literally a babe in the woods with all this.

I need a second opinion.



1 comment:

  1. This has been a personal struggle for me most of my life, trying to decipher what may be 'generational/societal hate' within me and/or semi or full truths about Jews/Zionism. I've finally come to a clearer understanding of why and what these issues are so confounding. Jews are people just like the rest of us, no better, no worse, but Zionism is a bastion of 'evil', just like Apartheid was, and the enforced enslavement of the Third World by the First World, not too unlike Nazism. To 'color-coat' the truth of the matter, is a disservice to humanity, and a slap in the face of victims everywhere that have ever lived.

    ReplyDelete